Just a quick tip. I found this a bit too cool not to share.
I was working in the PowerShell ISE building up a demo script for our Group Policy Automation Engine. If you are not familiar with it you should be! Anyway, as I built it up I used some variable names that made sense at the beginning but when the demo script grew I felt the names needed to change. Having references to these variables throughout the script makes updating them a bit tedious, not difficult just tedious. I could use ‘Replace in Script…’ capability to find something and update. I found this alternate method super efficient and honestly pretty cool.
I learn interesting new things about the PowerShell and the ISE all the time. Watch the short video and check out this alternate method of updating the data.