Last updated: October 24, 2022
What information we collect
We collect two types of information from users of our Services: “Personal Information,” which is information that you provide that can be used to identify you (such as your name, email address, etc.), and “Aggregate Information,” which is information that cannot be used to identify you (such as frequency of visits to the Website, browser type, etc.).
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We collect Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us when you use our Services. For example, you may provide us with your contact information such as your email address, first name and last name, phone number, company name, the content of your communication, or other Personal Information when you choose to submit such information to us through email, an online form, or other method (such as contacting us through our “Contact Us” Site feature). We also collect any information you submit when you submit a comment on our blog.
If you sign up for our newsletter or mailing list, we collect the information you submit and you are signing up to receive marketing and other communications from us.
INFORMATION WE AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT
When you use our Services we automatically receive and collect information about you and your device. This information includes the following:
- Information about your device, such as the operating system, hardware, system version, Internet Protocol (IP) address, device ID, and device language.
- The specific actions that you take when you use our Services, including but not limited to the pages and screens that you view or visit, search terms that you enter, and how you interact with our Services.
- The time, frequency, connection type, and duration of your use of our Services.
- Information regarding your interaction with email messages, for example, whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded the email message.
- Identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser (as further described below).
- Pages you visited before or after navigating to our Website.
AGGREGATE INFORMATION COLLECTED
Aggregate Information is information that does not identify you. Aggregate Information may be collected when you use our Services, independent of any information you voluntarily enter. Additionally, we may use one or more processes to de-identify information that contains Personal Information, such that only Aggregate Information remains. We may collect, use, store, and transfer Aggregate Information without restriction.
Like most websites, our Website may use “cookies.” Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to help us identify you when you come to our Website.
- Analyze our web traffic using an analytics package.
- Identify if you are signed into the Website.
- Test content on the Website.
- Store information about your preferences.
- Recognize when you return to the Website.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better Website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This setting may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Website.
Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our visitors, we are not able to respond to Do Not Track signals from your browser.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
In general, we collect information and Personal Information from you so that we can provide our Services, operate our business, and provide information that you request from us. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Provide, operate, improve, maintain, and protect our Services.
- Provide you with technical and other support.
- Send you updates, marketing communications, and other information about SDM and our Services.
- Conduct research, analytics, and monitor and analyze trends and usage.
- Contact you and respond to your inquiries.
- Answer questions.
- Send you email newsletters.
- Register you for an account.
- Facilitate your participation in surveys and contests.
- Enhance or improve user experience, our business, and our Services, including the safety and security thereof.
- Personalize our Services to you.
- As necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, legal process, or governmental request.
- Enforce contracts, including investigation of potential violations thereof.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of SDM, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
How we share your information
We do not rent or sell your personal information.
Like most companies, we share information, including Personal Information, in certain circumstances with third parties through operation of our Services and our business. Below we explain when that happens.
We may transfer Personal Information to third parties for the purpose of providing the Services or operating our business. For example, we may transfer your Personal Information to third-party service providers to assist with providing the Services and other services, and to communicate with you about current or future offerings.
We may also transfer your Personal Information to third parties under the following circumstances: (i) to comply with a legal requirement, law, subpoena, judicial proceeding, court order, governmental request, or legal process; (ii) to investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; (iii) in connection with the sale, purchase, merger, asset sale, financing, reorganization, liquidation or dissolution of SDM; (iv) when we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of SDM or other persons, or (v) as otherwise required or permitted by law, including any contractual obligations of SDM.
AS DIRECTED BY YOU AND WITH YOUR CONSENT
Our Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16 in connection with the Services.
Our Website uses Google Analytics to provide insight into our Website, and to improve the relevance of advertisements you receive. If you would like to opt out of Google Analytics, please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
We retain all of the information that you have provided to us until we no longer need the information to contact you or are asked to remove it.
If you no longer wish to receive our marketing and promotional communications, you may opt-out by following the instructions included in each communication.
We are based in the United States, and our Website is hosted there. If you are visiting our Website from another country, the laws governing our Website’s collection and use of personal information may be different from the laws of your country. If you decide to visit our Website, or share your Personal Information with us, you are agreeing to be governed by the laws of the United States, and agree to the transfer of your information to the United States.
How Do We Protect Your Information
We take the security of your Personal Information very seriously. We use reasonable administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to secure the Personal Information you share with us. Despite these safeguards and our additional efforts to secure your information, we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your Personal Information.
The Services may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by third parties, which may include social media features, such as LinkedIn buttons or links. We provide such hyperlinks for your reference and convenience only. We do not control such websites and are not responsible for their content or the privacy or other practices of such websites. It is up to you to read and fully understand their Privacy Policies. Our inclusion of hyperlinks to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators. If you are submitting information to any such third-party through our Services, you should review and understand that party’s applicable policies, including their privacy policies, before providing your information to the third-party.