Hi folks. Just wanted to drop a quick posting to let folks know that last week, we shipped a minor update to our popular GPO Compare product–version 2.8! This new version included some big and little things to help make GPO comparisons much easier. To review, GPO Compare provides Windows administrators with the ability to compare up to 4 live GPOs, GPO backups or GPO Exporter “snapshots” from an easy-to-use GUI or from PowerShell. In addition, you can export comparisons to Excel, PDF or Word and search for settings within the results.
With 2.8, we added some key features to make the product even more powerful, including:
- Support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 (and all of the settings introduced in those platforms)
- 64-bit support for both Windows 7 and Windows 8 versions
- A feature that lets you remember and re-use the last GPOs that were compared
- Improved handling of domain controller detection, especially across domain boundaries
- A new dialog that lets you see which DCs you’re connecting to when reporting
- A variety of bug fixes and performance improvements relating to running large comparisons
So, head on over to the GPO Compare page and download a demo version of this awesome product. It’s a must have for any Windows administrator’s toolbox!